Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Tasting Grace

This weekend, I got to learn a lot about grace and love through a retreat that I went on. This poem was the result of one of the talks I listened to - and some people that I've shared it with thought that I should share it more freely. So, I am. :)


Grace

I didn't ask,
But still, You offered.
I didn't seek,
But still I find.
Too weak to knock,
But still You opened
Doors of Grace 
For me, the blind.

Still far from home
When You came running.
Still turned away
When you pulled me in.
Still lost and angry
But still you sought me:
Washed away
My willful sin.




3 comments:

  1. Okay, this one made me tear up. Maybe I'm just extra emotional today, but this really is beautiful! I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I love you too, sis! I'm glad it could be a blessing to you. :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! That's such a beautiful way of describing it!

    I've often thought just how amazing God is for reaching out to us even when we are willfully turned away. He chooses to offer and pursue time and time again, even when he knows that we are running away. It's a lifelong offer no matter what we do or where we go. His grace really challenges the way I relate to and reach out to others. In contrast, I've realized I typically won't even reach out to ppl if I think they won't accept. I just let them go and head on my way bc I don't want to be hurt or be in a weak position.

    And yet God knows who will and won't perfectly, and still chooses to give them choices. And this doesn't make him weak, but strong. Guess I've got a way to go. Grace is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete